Finance & Funding

We are currently updating our finance and funding information, in the meantime please refer to:

Childcare Funding

Funding is subject to certain qualifying criteria as defined by Scottish Funding Council policies including residence requirements and household income.

If you are studying a full-time or part-time course and would like to apply for assistance with childcare cost and fall into the following categories:

- Must have a dependent child
- Using registered childcare costs to allow attendance at college according to the course timetable and for placement days that are a mandatory part of your course
- A partner must be employed and unavailable to look after children

Higher education students must have applied for all available support from the Student Award Agency Scotland (SAAS) and meet the eligibility criteria for tuition fees.

Before applying you should ensure you have claimed for all eligible support that is available to you, such as free local council nursery places, preschool funding, child tax credits.

(Please note that your award will only be calculated from the date your application is deemed complete including submission of all the necessary documents).

Childcare costs are paid directly to the childcare provider and not to the student.

Discretionary Funding

The Student Discretionary Fund can assist students who experience financial difficulty while at college.

- Accommodation
- Travel expenses
- Disability-related costs
- Living Costs
- Emergency situations

Students must satisfy residency requirements set out by the Scottish Funding Council to apply for the Discretionary Fund.

Funds are limited and are allocated to applicants starting in August and January. This is a cash-limited fund and once all funds are allocated applications may be closed. To apply you must have been accepted for a course and applied for and receiving the full amount of funding available to you, such as college bursary, SAAS student loan or other grants.

You must provide evidence to support your application. Student Services staff will let you know what evidence we need from you as it will differ depending on your reason for applying.


If you require assistance, please contact our Help Points email: