A training fund has been put in place by the Scottish Government to tackle the rise in unemployment in adults aged 25+ by offering short sharp training opportunities for people to learn in-demand skills.
These fully-funded courses are aimed at upskilling and enhancing the qualifications of individuals aged 25 or older. All training needs to be completed by 30 June 2022.
What training can I access?
The courses that D&A College are currently offering as part of the National Transition Training Fund:
- City & Guilds 2382-18 18th Edition Full Course (Amendments) (18 hours, delivered 3 hours per week (17.30-20.30) for 6 weeks, course value £455)
This course focuses on the IET’s 18th Edition Wiring Regulations, BS 7671: 2018, to ensure candidates have a sound working knowledge of the regulations.
Electric / Hybrid Vehicle Maintenance
- Level 2 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle Routine Maintenance Activities (2 days, course value £450)
This course is for individuals who need to know the safety precautions to be taken when working on or near a high voltage hybrid, including automotive technicians and emergency services staff.
Next start date: 26 May, 20 June
- Level 3 Award in Electric/Hybrid Vehicle System Repair and Replacement (2 days, course value £450)
This course is for individuals who may encounter electric/hybrid vehicles within a routine maintenance situation and covers the knowledge and skills required to work safely around a vehicle that may have had damage to its high energy/electrical system.
Next start dates: 12 May, 9 June
Please register your details here and we'll get back in touch with you soon:
Frequently asked questions
Do I need to pay towards any element of the training?
What type of evidence do I need to submit to access the training?
- Birth Certificate or other proof of age.
- Redundancy letter.
- Any other evidence that employment is at risk or have identified a skills gap e.g. letter from employer.
- Evidence from Job Centre.
When do I need to access the training by?
- All training needs to be completed by 30 June 2022.
Is there any funding for travel?
- Not directly from the scheme but if you are unemployed you should raise this with the Job Centre.
Are you eligible to apply?
You need to be 25 or over and
- unemployed, at risk of redundancy or your job is under threat as a result of COVID-19 or the economic impact of EU Exit OR
- have identified a skills gap in your current job or to return to employment OR
- have identified a skills gap as part of the ‘Just Transition’ to net-zero.