SVQ Paralegal Practice Level 3
The SVQ in Paralegal Practice at SCQF level 7 is for those working in legal offices in the private sector, in company legal sections, in local authorities, or in legal outsourcing companies, who wish to become a trainee paralegal.
It is suitable for:
- learners who may have just left school
- mature candidates who may have been out of education for some time
- individuals who are currently in employment and who wish to obtain a formal qualification
Learners should be in a post that will enable them to provide the required evidence.
No formal qualifications are required to undertake this work-based qualification. Applicants must be employed in a suitable post which will enable them to provide the required evidence. This course can be started at any point in the academic year.
Method of Assessment
Ongoing e-portfolio methods of holistic assessment.
Successful completion of this SVQ could provide progression to:
- an HNC/D in Legal Services
- a PDA at SCQF level 8 in a legal specialism
- employment in the legal sector, perhaps as a trainee paralegal