HND Computing: Software Development (Year 2)
Driven by an innovative, artificially intelligent world, and a growing digital economy, Software Developers are in demand in the Technology Sector. The HND Software Development course will provide you with the foundation in a range of software development and computing disciplines to prepare you for progression to HND, University or work. Subjects will include:
· Developing Software Introduction
· Database Design Fundamentals
· Team working in Computing
· Graded Unit Exam
· Web Development essential content
The course is taught in 16 hours over 3 days per week. Learning activities include: coding, presentations and team working.
This is a progression course from HND Year 1. All students must have successfully completed the 15 SQA credits from HND Year 1 Software Development. Subject to satisfactory verbal reference from Group Tutor.
Method of Assessment
• Each subject has continuous assessment, methods may include multiple choice quizzes, written reports, presentations or coding.
• End of year Graded Unit Project
2+2 degree pathways to Abertay and RGU Universities.
Pathways to relevant degree programmes
Excellent prospects for a successful career in the Computing and Technology or Cyber Security sector.
26 Aug 2024
- Tuition fees may be paid for full-time students in Scotland subject to meeting residency requirements, applications should be made to the appropriate funding body. International Students please refer to our International fees page