HNC Digital Design and Web Development
Digital design is a form of visual communication which is an essential element of modern marketing and communication. *
This course will give you the knowledge and skills required to design and develop interactive and digital media products. You will develop a wide range of transferable skills in key areas, including:
- Web Technologies: HTML and CSS
- User Interface Design
- Database design and development
- Digital Media: Audio and Video
- Graphic design
- Introduction to Software Development
Teaching is 16 hours per week over 3 days. This will include coding, digital media production, presentations, tutorials and self-study.
Four National 5 qualifications at A or B and 1 Higher in a STEM subject (C or above).
Foundation Apprenticeship in Creative and Digital Media or IT Software Development.
Progression from SCQF Level 5/6 Computing college course, passing all credits
Mature applicants with relevant experience are assessed individually for suitability.
Completion of a strong personal statement explaining your interest in the course.
You may be invited for an interview to make sure this is the right course for you. All applicants may also be asked to provide a reference.
Method of Assessment
- Each subject has continuous assessment, which may include multiple choice quizzes, written reports, presentations, media production or coding.
- Graded end-of-year exam.
HND Digital Design & Development (year 2). Pathway to University programmes and good prospects for a successful career in web development.
26 Aug 2024
- Tuition fees may be paid for full-time students in Scotland subject to meeting residency requirements, applications should be made to the appropriate funding body. International Students please refer to our International fees page