HNC Architectural Technology
This course aims to enhance your knowledge and skills in architectural design by covering several areas, including sketching and drawing techniques, building structure design, technical design and conception, development and detailing, construction technology, contract administration, sustainability, and creating inclusive environments using computer-aided design. You will also gain an understanding of how the design aspects of a construction project impact its performance and functionality.
One of the following:
• One Higher at Grade C or above in a relevant subject (English, Graphic Communications, any science subject, Maths, Geography) plus three National 5s at Grade C or above which must include Maths.
• National Certificate: Built Environment, Civil Engineering or Construction Technology
• Foundation Apprenticeship: Civil Engineering SCQF Level 6
• Another relevant course at SCQF Level 6
• Relevant industry experience and/or other qualifications will be considered on an individual basis.
Method of Assessment
Submission of written reports, ongoing course assessment and a graded unit project.
Further study: HND Architectural Technology at college, or university degree.
Employment options: Architectural technician/technologist via the Chartered Institute of Architectural Technologists’ Professional and Occupational Performance Record (CIAT POP Record). Building standards technician. Revit/computer-aided design (CAD) technician within the construction industry. Technical trainee with private, local authority, government, military, or academic employers.
26 Aug 2024
- Tuition fees may be paid for full-time students in Scotland subject to meeting residency requirements, applications should be made to the appropriate funding body. International Students please refer to our International fees page.