Foundation Degree of the Arts - Esports and Creative Industries
This new 2-year Foundation Degree, (similar to HNC or SCQF level 7 in year one and HND or SCQF level 8 in year two) is the first of its kind in Scotland. With the opening of the Dundee esports arena, this course will help you develop the skills you need to build a career in esports. Esports is not just playing games competitively, this is an exciting multidisciplinary career where a range of skills are required.
In the first year of the degree you will study:
- Introduction to digital marketing
- Esports culture and context
- Gameplay principles and strategies
- Introduction to esports well-being and performance
- Working in the creative and digital industries
This Foundation Degree is validated by the University of West London (UWL).
Four National 5 qualifications at A or B and one Higher (C or above).
A Foundation Apprenticeship in Software Development OR Creative and Digital Media
Progression from SCQF level 5/6 D&A College Certificate Course passing all credits.
Mature applicants with relevant experience are assessed individually for suitability.
Completion of a strong personal statement explaining your interest in the course. You may be invited to a recruitment workshop to make sure this is the right course for you.
All applicants may also be asked to provide a reference.
Method of Assessment
Each module will have its own assessment. Methods of assessment will vary depending on the module, and may include:
- Written reports
- Production of video and media
Successful students will be able to progress to various opportunities such as University articulation, industry placements, full-time employment.
26 Aug 2024
- Tuition fees may be paid for full-time students in Scotland subject to meeting residency requirements, applications should be made to the appropriate funding body. International Students please refer to our International fees page