Moving and Handling for Care Sector
We can accommodate dates throughout the academic year to suit candidates' availability. Please contact us for next available date on (01382) 834874.
The course covers the following:
- Understanding how current legislation affects you as employees and how it affects your employer;
- Understanding the workings of the spine with relation to the ways in which you conduct manual handling tasks;
- How to be better able to avoid back injuries caused by poor posture and inefficient movement;
- Be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of commonly known ‘controversial techniques’;
- Be able to demonstrate your ability to move and handle clients using only safer handling techniques;
No formal entry requirements.
Method of Assessment
Practical assessment by trainer;
A short Q&A session which will assess your understanding of the theoretical component.
01 Aug 2023
- All course fees are reviewed annually, and subject to change. Published fees apply to the courses mode of delivery.
The course application is currently closed. You can find out more information about this course by making an enquiry.