Level 3 Diploma in Personal Training
Learners will cover:
- Further knowledge of anatomy and physiology applicable to personal training.
- Lifestyle and medical factors that affect wellbeing.
- Effective communication skills for client consultations to encourage healthy lifestyle behaviours and strategies for change.
- Skills to plan and conduct physical activity sessions with different types of clients in a variety of environments with a range of resources.
- Legal and professional requirements for personal training.
- How to set up and manage a personal training business on a self-employed basis if they wish to.
- How to manage, evaluate and improve own performance.
Learners must hold a suitable level 2 qualification in gym instructing.
The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential, therefore a degree of physical fitness is necessary.
There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) and maths involved, so learners should have basic skills in communication and maths pitched at level 2 (as a minimum).
Method of Assessment
- Multiple Choice Examination.
- Portfolio of Evidence.
- Practical Demonstration/Assignment.
This course can lead onto learners joining other Level 3/4 courses run by Active IQ.
25 May 2024
- Fee stated is per academic year. All course fees are reviewed annually, and subject to change. Published fees apply to the courses mode of delivery.