The Modern Apprenticeship (MA) programme combines paid employment with work-based training and leads to industry-recognised vocational qualifications.
Aimed principally at the 16-24 age group, Modern Apprenticeships attract both new recruits and existing employees. The programme offers you, as an employee, the chance to gain skills and qualifications relevant to the nature and level of your current job without having to study at college full-time.
Modern Apprenticeships are available across a range of industry sectors and follow a framework which has been developed by the appropriate Sector Skills Council (SSC) in consultation with industry to ensure the qualifications meet their requirements.
The apprenticeship generally takes between one and four years to complete and leads to an SVQ Level 2 (SCQF 5) or above.
Dundee and Angus College currently offers Modern Apprenticeships in:
- Automotive: SCQF level 7
- Business & Administration: SCQF level 5 | SCQF level 6
- Construction: Technical: SCQF level 6
- Digital Marketing: SCQF level 6
- Engineering: SCQF level 6
- Engineering Construction: SCQF level 6
- Hairdressing & Barbering: SCQF level 5 | SCQF level 6
- Facilities Management: SCQF level 5 | SCQF level 7
- Horticulture: SCQF level 5 | SCQF level 6
- Hospitality: SCQF level 5 | SCQF level 6 | SCQF level 7
- IT and Telecommunications: SCQF level 6
- Life Science and Related Science Industries: SCQF level 6 | SCQF level 7
- Process Manufacturing: SCQF level 6
- Social Services (Children and Young People): SCQF level 7
- Social Services and Healthcare: SCQF level 6 | SCQF level 7
Find out more about Modern Apprenticeships at www.apprenticeships.scot