Student Services Support

Dundee and Angus College puts the learner experience at the centre of how we run our college. We understand that sometimes our learners may need additional support.

Personal Support

We can support learners who may be at risk of withdrawing from their course through disability, or social, emotional or behavioural difficulties. Both practical and emotional support is at hand for people who have additional needs.

This support can begin before you start your course to help you settle in, and can continue if you require it on a one-to-one basis or within class throughout the year. It is recognised that some learners may experience personal difficulties during their time at college such as homelessness, bereavement, changes to your mental or physical health, and issues with confidence and self-esteem.

A confidential service is available where trained and experienced staff can offer you advice and support. Where appropriate and with your consent, you could be referred to an external agency for specialist support.

We are also happy to work alongside any other professional you are involved with to ensure the best support possible for you.

If you are a carer please get in touch so we can discuss the support you may need while studying at College. Please email us on and an online or face-to-face appointment can be made with a support worker to discuss how we can help you.

Academic Support

Our Student Services Team is available to help you with any additional support you may need for your studies whilst at college.

We can help you develop your skills and confidence with reading, writing, spelling, numeracy, IT, study skills, exam revision, memory strategies, etc.

Support workers can work with you on a one-to-one basis, in small groups or in-class according to your needs. Equipment and assistive materials can be provided for students with Specific Learning Difficulties (SLD), e.g. dyslexia.

If you think you may have dyslexia, a diagnostic screening can be arranged for you. If you have a support need, you may be entitled to additional assessment arrangements such as extra time, the provision of a reader/scribe or the use of a computer.

If you want to discuss your study needs, then please contact us on and an online or face-to-face appointment can be made with a support worker to discuss how we can help you.

General Advice and Information

Student Services staff have information on a range of topics that you may find helpful so please come in and see us. Staff can also help you with progression options, UCAS applications, SAAS applications and completing your assessment for Disabled Students Allowance.

Contact Us

Visit your campus Advice Centre

Arbroath: 01241 432604
Gardyne: 01382 834884
Kingsway: 01382 834883

Or contact us by email: