Equality & Diversity
Dundee and Angus College is committed to a comprehensive policy of equal opportunities for staff, students and all stakeholders and seriously undertakes the duty to adhere to all relevant legislation.
Through our Equality and Diversity Policy and related procedures, we set clear objectives and approaches to ensure we encourage and support all individuals, irrespective of protected characteristic, to develop and fulfil their individual potential. As a result, our students and staff are given equal opportunity to engage with, and benefit from, the services we offer. This maximises their contribution to College life and to the future economic success of Angus, Dundee and beyond.
We ensure all staff, students and other stakeholders are treated equally, regardless of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sexual orientation and marriage and civil partnership.
We strive to eliminate all forms of discrimination and to celebrate the diversity of people who are directly and indirectly involved with the College.
Our Equalities Vision
To be recognised as a completely inclusive organisation, in which all people can participate fully as equal citizens.
Our Overall Equalities Aim
To actively promote equality in Dundee and Angus College, engendering an ethos and culture which acknowledges and celebrates diversity, emphasising the benefits that accrues.
Our Equalities Objectives
- Promote Dundee and Angus College as an equal opportunity organisation
- Ensure the College meets statutory requirements
- Implement, monitor and review the effectiveness of equality and diversity activity, recommending actions
- Ensure that robust procedures are in place for the protection of young and vulnerable students
- Identify, adopt and embed good practice across all areas of College operations
Dundee and Angus College is an equal opportunities organisation.