Student Funding Information

> Funding information for Part-Time study

Please see our booklets for detailed information on the following subjects:

Check what supporting evidence is required for Bursary/EMA applications in our Get Prepared for your Funding Application info sheet (PDF). If you have any questions surrounding your Bursary/EMA application please check our here to help - funding and application guide.

BursaryEMA Funding Application Workshops

We’re here to help you with your Bursary/EMA funding application.

Come along to our workshops:

Arbroath Campus
Thursday 24 and 31 May | All 2-4pm, CALC building, Hub A.

Gardyne Campus
Monday 21 and 28 May | All 10am – 12noon, Deck C 2nd floor.

Please bring all your evidence documents with you – check what’s required in our Get Prepared for your Funding Application info sheet (PDF).

Due to the popularity of these workshops please be prepared to wait.

If you are unsure if you will be treated as a Scottish home student for a Bursary/EMA application please read our Residency Guidelines.

Guidance for asylum seekers living in Scotland who are undertaking or thinking about undertaking a further or higher education course at college or university explaining the funding that is available from the Scottish Government and colleges and universities: Support for Asylum Seekers in Further and Higher Education

SAAS website:

A Guide to Council Tax for Students from Dundee City Council

Single person and other Council Tax discounts from Angus Council

TV Licensing - As of 1 September 2016, students need to be covered by a TV Licence to download or watch BBC programmes on demand - including catch up TV - on BBC iPlayer. This applies to all devices. As before, a TV Licence is still needed to watch or record any live TV on any channel, no matter what device is used.
Find out more at