Building Future Talent
At Dundee and Angus College we are moving away from traditional thinking and are focussing much more on careers not courses.
We want the people of the Dundee & Angus region to be better informed and prepared for the career options available to them, no matter what stage they are at.
Our Future Talent initiative is a collection of products, services and activities that supports the employability and enterprise skills of all learners and enables businesses to recruit, retain and grow their future workforce.
At D&A College, we pride ourselves in supporting our students to progress their careers. Whether you’re aiming to join a course to take your first or next step on the career ladder, we can help.
You are the talent of the future and to enable you to find the progression opportunity which is right for you, we have D&A Future Talent. This is our package of support to enable you to take your next step to:
- Progress to higher level training (from school to college, college to college, college to university).
- Increase your skills and knowledge to progress your career into full time, part-time or self-employment.
- Gain experience to get your first job or get back into work.
- Improve your performance, productivity and achieve progression in your current job.
Helping you achieve success and progress your career is important to us. Our services range from online tools to workshops, access to advice, employer and partner connections, volunteering and industry experiences. Whatever stage you are in your career, there is something for everyone.
In order to achieve this we have developed, with our external partners, a range of services, events and provision that will be delivered throughout the year to support you at every step of your career.
At D&A College we believe it's about careers not just courses!
D&A College supports businesses across Dundee and Angus with their current and future workforce development needs by providing a platform for businesses across the region to recruit, retain and grow their future workforce.
Each year, D&A College trains 16,000 people, the majority of whom are looking to start or progress their career.
By engaging with our Future Talent initiative, employers have the opportunity to connect with:
- Between 5,500 to 6,000 full-time students studying introductory courses to Higher National Certificate and Higher National Diploma courses. We also offer degrees in partnership with universities.
- Around 650 Modern Apprentices.
- Between 1200-1500 school pupils, including around 100 Foundation Apprentices.
- Around 250 to 300 unemployed candidates looking to get back into work.
Engaging with D&A College will enable businesses to:
- Attract Future Talent by offering work-based learning opportunities through Foundation Apprenticeships, Modern Apprenticeships and work experience.
- Influence the future skills needed to stimulate and grow the economy through joining one of our Industry Advisory Boards to shape the future curriculum.
- Create social value through sponsoring us to support the next generation of entrepreneurs and innovators.
- Enhance their productivity and competitiveness through industry skills development and training.
To engage with us to help your business grow and develop, contact email@example.com or call 01382 834874.
To find out more or book on to a session please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Follow D&A Future Talent on Twitter: @dacfuturetalent