Hints and Tips
Preparing for college interview?
7 key points to remember:
- Phone (or e- mail) to confirm attendance
- Research the college and the interview format and if evidence of qualifications are needed, parking facilities, which campus, etc.
- Early arrival is good Establish how to get there in advance.
- Programme/Course Get information about what is involved, assessments, learning activities, future prospects.
- Appearance Matters Wear something smart – remember, first impressions count.
- Relate and match skills, experience and aspirations to the course, to show suitability. Think of specific examples that can be shared.
- Envisage the sort of questions that might be asked and how to answer these.
Benefits of Volunteering?
Volunteering allows someone to:
- Show commitment to give to, give back and demonstrate energy and enthusiasm.
- Exhibit a willingness to learn in formal and informal settings.
- Display motivation to care for, be compassionate and considerate to others.
- Show community concerns and connections.
Have you considered volunteering as an option to build up relevant experience?
Find out about local volunteer opportunities at: