SCQF level: 6
Starts: May 2018
Ends: April 2020
Year 1: Mon & Wed 2-5pm. Year 2: (TBC)
Year 1: Wed 2-4pm , Fri 9-1pm. Year 2: (TBC)
Minimum of ﬁve National 5 passes or completion of the Web/Graphic design and development skills for work class. Other relevant knowledge or experience will be considered and will be discussed with course leader.
Year 1 units: NPA Software Development
• Computing: Applications Development
• Computing: Authoring a Website
• Software Design and Development
In S5, pupils will take part in an ‘industry challenge’ with a local employer. This will involve pupils participating in a project set by a local digital/ICT company who will act as their client for a software application that they will design and build. This will develop their knowledge of the software development process and further develop their skills in communication and understanding of the industry.
Year 2 units: Diploma for IT & Telecommunications Professional (Skills & Demonstration of Competence)
• Personal Effectiveness 2
• Health & Safety in IT & Telecoms
• Event Driven Programming or Procedural Programming 2 or Object Oriented Programme
• Investigating and Deﬁning Customer Requirements for IT & Telecom Systems
• Data Modelling
In S6, pupils will undertake a work experience placement in a relevant digital/ICT setting with a local employer. The pupils will gain experience of working within a software development environment in which they will see a wide range of roles including software design, testing and maintenance. The pupils will also gain employability skills of timekeeping, attendance, team working, communication and demonstrating value based practice including ensuring dignity and privacy, respect for self and others and equality and diversity principles.
• Modern Apprenticeship in IT & Telecommunications
• Further study in areas of Computing, Software Development, Interactive Media, and Games Development
• Possible employment across a range of digital sectors
Find out more about Foundation Apprenticeships at www.apprenticeships.scot
Find out more about what the college is offering by contacting Kathryn Simpson at email@example.com or 01382 834897
You can also speak to your school Guidance Teacher (Dundee schools) or Pupil Care and Support Teacher (Angus schools).