Creative and Digital Media
SCQF level: 6
Starts: May 2018
Ends: April 2020
Year 1: Mon & Wed 2-5pm. Year 2: (TBC)
Year 1: Wed 2-4pm , Fri 9-1pm. Year 2: (TBC)
Minimum of ﬁve National 5 passes or completion of the Web/Graphic Design and Development Skills for Work class. Other relevant knowledge or experience will be considered and will be discussed with course leader.
Year 1 units: NPA Creative & Digital Media
• Creative Industries: An introduction to Scotland
• Creative Industries: Understanding a Creative brief
• Media: Understanding the creative process
• Storytelling for the Creative Industries
In S5, pupils will be introduced to a range of employers who will give an insight into the industry setting and the types of projects that may be involved within this sector.
Year 2 units: Diploma in Creative & Digital Media
• Work effectively with others in the Creative industries
• Ensure your own actions reduce risks to health and safety
• Communicating using Digital Marketing/sales channels
• Use Digital and Social Media in Marketing campaigns
• Media project (industry challenge project)
In S6, pupils will undertake a work experience placement in a relevant setting with a local employer. The pupils will gain experience of working within a creative environment in which they will see a wide range of roles including digital marketing, media and project management. The pupils will also undertake a media project with this employer and gain the relevant skills needed for working with live clients. The pupils will also gain employability skills of timekeeping, attendance, team working, communication and demonstrating value based practice including ensuring dignity and privacy, respect for self and others and equality and diversity principles.
• Modern Apprenticeship in Creative & Digital, Digital Marketing or Digital Applications
• Further study in areas of Digital Design and Web Development, Business and Marketing, or another relevant HNC/HND
• Possible employment across a range of digital and creative sectors
Find out more about Foundation Apprenticeships at www.apprenticeships.scot
Find out more about what the college is offering by contacting Kathryn Simpson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01382 834897
You can also speak to your school Guidance Teacher (Dundee schools) or Pupil Care and Support Teacher (Angus schools).