SCQF level: 6
Starts: May 2018
Ends: April 2020
Year 1: Mon & Wed 2-5pm. Year 2: (TBC)
Year 1: Wed 2-5pm , Fri 9-1pm. Year 2: (TBC)
A good level of English and Mathematics (National 5). Having taken a Business subject would be an advantage.
Year 1: NPA in Accountancy (knowledge) will include the following 5 units at SCQF Level 5/6:
• Preparing Management Accounting Information
• Analysing Account Information
• Preparing Financial Accounting Information
• Recording data in the ledger
• Professional Values for Accountancy
Activities in S5 include NPA in Accountancy delivered in College (30 credits), site visits to employers, short work experience placement and interview/career planning support
Year 2: Work placement & AAT units
The Level 3 SVQ in Accounting – Advanced Diploma in Accounting (part) will include:
• Advanced Bookkeeping (AAT)
• Final Accounts Preparation (AAT)
• Indirect Tax (AAT)
These units will be delivered parallel to the work experience placement through the achievement of the AAT units within the framework of the “Advanced Diploma in Accounting” Course (level 3).
Activities in S6 include delivery of 3 AAT units at College, extended work placement of 1 day per week undertaking real work projects (16-20 weeks), complete any outstanding NPA component in College, further interview / career planning support, final assessment/Exam of AAT units.
• Level 3 Modern Apprenticeship in Accounting - this FA includes 3 units from the MA as the SVQ skills and competence element which would count as APL/RPL from the FA for these completed units
• HNC Accounting at Dundee and Angus College
• Professional Training e.g. AAT to progress into accountancy roles including accountancy technician, advanced accountancy technician and other related roles through to becoming a Chartered Accountant
• Entrance into University courses
• Direct Employment with an accountancy employer or in a related industry such as business and finance
Find out more about Foundation Apprenticeships at www.apprenticeships.scot
Find out more about what the college is offering by contacting Kathryn Simpson at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01382 834897
You can also speak to your school Guidance Teacher (Dundee schools) or Pupil Care and Support Teacher (Angus schools).