Get into healthcare
Get into healthcare is a partnership between Dundee and Angus College, Prince’s Trust and NHS Tayside.
This March we will be running a free 7-week full time pre-employment training programme that will equip you with skills needed to apply for essential entry level jobs across the care sector. You will spend time at D&A College and within NHS Tayside placements.
The first 2 weeks are spent at D&A College, receiving mandatory training in:
• Care values
• First Aid
• Health and safety awareness
• Food hygiene (REHIS)
• Infection control (REHIS)
• Manual handling (Scottish Passport)
• Basic IT skills
You will also have 10 days work placement within clinical placements across a variety of NHS Tayside locations in Dundee.
Please note placements may be in areas that do not have immediate employment opportunities.
Successful completion of this training programme will give you:
• Access to vacancies in essential entry level jobs in NHS Tayside
• A guaranteed interview when you apply for an essential entry level positions in NHS Tayside (if you meet job criteria)
• References from D&A College for job applications
If you are successful in gaining a place on the course you will be required to become a PVG Scheme Member (Disclosure Scotland Protection of Vulnerable Groups) (PVG), asked to complete an Occupational Health form and may be asked to attend a health check. All job offers are subject to a Disclosure Scotland/PVG and health check.
Monday 2 March, Improvement Academy, Ninewells Hospital, Dundee
Monday 16 March, D&A College, Kingsway Campus, Old Glamis Road, Dundee
To apply to join this free employability programme you must be between 18-30 and currently unemployed.
For more information:
- Call 0800 842842 for free to find out more
- Text “NHS interest”
to 07866 142 053
and someone will ring you back
- Visit www.princes-trust.org.uk and click on “get in touch” to leave your details