The Minute Takers Workshop - Effective Note and Minute Taking
No matter who you are or what you do, whether at work or in the community, you are likely involved in meetings. Meetings are costly, whether they are held in a company boardroom or at the local coffee shop. To ensure that meetings are productive and worth the expense involved, three ingredients are necessary: an assurance of closure, a strong chair or leader, and accurate minutes. It has been said that if accurate minutes have not been recorded, then the meeting may just as well not have taken place. If people can’t remember or agree on what actually occurred at a meeting, how can the group effectively accomplish its objectives? After this 4 hour workshop you will understand your role as a minute-taker and the best techniques for producing minutes that include all the essential information needed.
What Candidates Will Learn?
- Recognise the importance of minute-taking
- Develop key minute-taking skills, including listening skills, critical thinking, and organisation
- Be able to resolve many of the complaints that affect minute-takers
- Be able to write minutes that are suitable for formal meetings, semi-formal meetings, and action minutes
- Be an efficient minute-taker in any type of meeting
- Be able to prepare and maintain a minute book
What Topics are Covered?
- The role of a minute taker
- The skills of a minute taker
- Meeting agreements
- Minute styles (formal, informal, and action)
- What do I record?
- Techniques for preparing minutes
- Taking minutes in an interactive meeting
This course runs from 9.30am – 1.30pm.
Method of AssessmentN/A.
Future ProspectsHelps candidates and organisations improve their note and minute taking practices in line with industry and legislative requirements.
26 May 2020
All course fees are reviewed annually, and subject to change. Published fees apply to the courses mode of delivery.
The course application is currently closed. You can find out more information about this course by making an enquiry.