QA Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (RQF)
Course ContentThe course offers comprehensive training in a wide range of first aid techniques and provides candidates with the opportunity to take the First Aid Certificate Examination as required by Health & Safety 1981 Regulations.The course will include the following subject areas:
- Introduction to First Aid
- Airway, Breathing and Circulation (ABC)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) and Cardio-Pulmonary
- Resuscitation (CPR)
- Examination Techniques of the Conscious and Unconscious Casualty
- Sprains, Strains and Fractures
- Practical Bandaging and Casualty Handling
- Hypothermia and Effects of Heat and Cold
- Heart Attack, Angina and Stroke
- Dealing with Nose Bleeds and Eye Injuries
- Epilepsy and Seizures
- Diabetes and Asthma
- Dealing with Burns
- Common Airway Problems and Choking
- First Aid and the Workplace
- Poisoning and Anaphylaxis
Entry RequirementsThere are no formal entry requirements.
Method of AssessmentWritten, practical and oral.
Future ProspectsUpon successful completion of the course, candidates will receive a Qualsafe First Aid at Work Certificate which is valid for three years and qualifies them to act as a workplace first aider.
29 Apr 2020
All course fees are reviewed annually, and subject to change. Published fees apply to the courses mode of delivery.