Negotiation Skills - Tools and Techniques That Deliver Results
Course ContentNegotiating is about resolving differences. People who can master the process of negotiation find they can save time and money, develop a higher degree of satisfaction with outcomes at home and at work, and earn greater respect in their communities when they understand how to negotiate well. This interactive one-day workshop promotes effective communication and gives you techniques for turning face-to-face confrontation into side-by-side problem solving.
What will candidates learn?
- Understand how often we all negotiate and the benefits of good negotiation skills
- Recognise the importance of preparing for the negotiation process, regardless of the circumstances
- Identify the various negotiation styles and their advantages and disadvantages
- Develop strategies for dealing with tough or unfair tactics
- Gain skill in developing alternatives and recognising options
- Understand basic negotiation principles
- What is negotiation?
- The successful negotiator
- Preparing for negotiation
- Making the right impression
- Getting off to a good start
- Exchanging information
- The bargaining stage
- Reaching mutual gain and moving beyond “no”
- Dealing with negative emotions
- Moving from bargaining to closing
- Solution types
Entry RequirementsNo formal entry qualifications.
19 Dec 2019
All course fees are reviewed annually, and subject to change. Published fees apply to the courses mode of delivery.
The course application is currently closed. You can find out more information about this course by making an enquiry.