National 5 Mathematics
This course will be split into 2 parts - Preparation for National 5 Maths (August - January) and National 5 Maths (January - May). Learners must progress and achieve on the Preparation course to be allowed entry to part 2.
- Distance learning (6-8 hours per week self-study)
- One evening per week (6-9pm) plus 2-3 hours of self-study or
- Part-time day (4 hours across 2 days) plus 2-3 hours of self-study
- Tutor support provided
- Prelim and exam held on campus
This course covers many different topics including algebraic operations, indices, surds, trigonometry, quadratics and functions.
- National 4 Mathematics
- Entry to the course may also be subject to the successful completion of a diagnostic test
Method of Assessment
Internal assessment and external exam (undertaken on campus). Learners must achieve a satisfactory mark in the prelim exam to sit the final exam.
Required for all primary and secondary teaching courses, many Engineering courses and some Social Work courses. Also sought after by employers and Higher Education institutions.