National 5 Applications of Mathematics
The course will be split into 2 parts - Preparation for National 5 Application of Maths (August - January) and National 5 Application of Maths (January - May). Learners must progress and achieve on the Preparation course to be allowed entry to part 2.
- Distance learning (6-8 hours per week self-study) or
- One evening per week (6-9pm) plus 2-3 hours per week of self-study
- Tutor support
This course covers many different topics including numeracy, geometry & measures and managing finance & statistics.
- National 4 Mathematics or National 4 Application of Mathematics
- Entry to the course may also be subject to the successful completion of a diagnostic test
Method of Assessment
Internal assessment and external exam (undertaken on campus). Learners must achieve a satisfactory mark in the prelim exam to sit the final exam.
May be required for progression to university for some Social Work courses. It may also be accepted for some PGDE courses, however please check first with the relevant university.
21 Aug 2023
- All course fees are reviewed annually, and subject to change. Published fees apply to the courses mode of delivery.