Managing Difficult Conversations
Course ContentWe have so many interactions in the run of a day, it’s reasonable to expect that some of them are going to be difficult. Whether these are conversations that you have in person, or you manage a virtual team and need to speak with someone in another city, there are things that you can do to make these conversations go smoothly. This one-day workshop will give you the tools to manage difficult conversations and get the best results possible out of them.
What Will Students Learn?
- How to define their frame of reference
- How to establish a positive intent and a desired outcome
- Good communication skills
- How to draft a script for a difficult conversation
- Use specific steps to carry out a difficult conversation
- How to access additional resources as required
- How to maintain safety in a conversation
- Choosing to have the conversation
- Toolkit for successful conversations
- Choosing the time and place
- Framework for difficult conversations
- Conversation template
- Staying safe
- Role play practice
21 May 2020
- All course fees are reviewed annually, and subject to change. Published fees apply to the courses mode of delivery.
The course application is currently closed. You can find out more information about this course by making an enquiry.