Bakery Skills: Cakes and Tray Bakes
Do you want to perfect your baking skills and create delicious cakes and tray bakes that are easily replicated at home? Learn how to make the following:
• Classic carrot cake and Victoria sandwich
• Coffee and walnut loaf
• Lemon drizzle cake
• Millionaire shortbread
• Chocolate brownies
• Sticky toffee tray bake
• Baked blueberry cheesecake
Learn how to perfect these recipes and accompany them with a range of fillings and toppings.
Course content will focus on:
• Basic tools and equipment
• Knowledge and understanding of baking skills
• Preparation and cooking techniques
• Flavour combinations and presentation
• Happy baking
No entry requirements are needed. Skill level: Basic skills are an advantage but not a necessity.
Method of Assessment
What Will I Need?
Students will be provided with basic kitchen uniforms to bring with them each week. The costs of core ingredients are included in the course fee. Please bring along a box to take your creations home.
23 May 2023
6.00pm - 8.00pm
- All course fees are reviewed annually, and subject to change. Published fees apply to the courses mode of delivery.