Level 3 - Personal Trainer
Qualification structure and credit value: The learner must achieve all mandatory units. The total credit value is 36.This qualification comprises 7 mandatory units. The following 3 units have already been achieved at Level 2 (unit 1, 2, 3) and in order to achieve the full personal training certificate learners must achieve all 7 units.
- 1. Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity (M/600/9015) – this unit is worth 2 credits
- 2. Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment (T/600/9016) – this unit is worth 2 credits
- 3. Principles of exercise, fitness and health (A/600/9017) – this unit is worth 4 credits
- 4. Anatomy and physiology for exercise and health (A/600/9051) – this unit is worth 6 credits
- 5. Programming personal training with clients (F/600/9052) – this unit is worth 7 credits
- 6. Delivering personal training sessions (J/600/9053) – this unit is worth 9 credits
- 7. Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity program (L/600/9054) – this unit is worth 6 credits
Please be aware students must be registered with Active IQ before the start date so candidates should register as soon as possible. Candidates should have a suitable Level 2 qualification in Gym Instructing. The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential, therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary. There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) and application of number involved, and learners should have basic skills in communication and application of number pitched at levels 3 and 2 respectively.
Method of Assessment
Multiple choice examination
Portfolio of evidence
Successful achievement of the qualification will allow the learner to gain employment within an organisational setting or, alternatively, in a self-employed environment. It also provides access on to the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs) at level 3.
Candidates must provide a copy of their Level 2 Fitness Instructor qualification before the start date of the course.