Level 2 - Fitness Instructor
Course ContentThis qualification provides the knowledge and skills to enable candidates to plan, deliver and evaluate safe and effective sessions. This qualification will provide entry on to the Register of Exercise Professionals at Level 2.
The candidate must achieve the four mandatory units and the two optional units from below. The total credit value of the qualification is 23 credits.
- Mandatory Units Unit 1 - Anatomy and physiology for exercise (H/600/9013) – this unit is worth 6 credits
- Unit 2 - Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity (M/600/9015) – this unit is worth 2 credits
- Unit 3 - Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment (T/600/9016) – this unit is worth 2 credits
- Unit 4 - Principles of exercise, fitness and health (A/600/9017) – this unit is worth 4 credits
- Unit 5 - Planning gym-based exercise (F/600/9018) - this unit is worth 4 credits
- Unit 6 - Instructing gym-based exercise (A/600/9020) – this unit is worth 6 credits