This part-time course prepares you to sit the Higher English exam. You will study a range of non-fiction and quality literature using a range of skills and techniques to help analyse and evaluate.
- Distance learning (3-5 hours per week) or
- One evening per week (6-9pm) plus 2-3 hours of self-study or
- Part-time day (4 hours across 2 days) plus 2-3 hours of self-study
- Tutor support provided
- Prelim and exam held on campus
- National 5 English or equivalent level of study (A or B pass)
- Some applicants will be required to pass a diagnostic test
Method of Assessment
- Course work
- Externally marked portfolio and exams
- A satisfactory mark must be achieved in the prelim to be presented for the final exam
A pass at Higher English may fulfil one of the requirements for access to university or other education/training.
21 Aug 2023
- All course fees are reviewed annually, and subject to change. Published fees apply to the courses mode of delivery.