Higher English is a flexible course with a choice of delivery methods. Delivered weekly in our Gardyne Campus from 6-9pm or choose to work independently as a distance learner. You will have access to all materials regardless of the mode of study and there will be checks to monitor progress. You will be expected to be on campus for assessments, prelims and exams.
This course supports the development of a wide range of highly valued, and highly valuable language skills. You will study a range of non-fiction and literature using skills and techniques to help analyse and evaluate.
- Distance learning (3-5 hours per week) or
- One evening per week (6-9pm) plus 2-3 hours of self-study
- Tutor support provided
- Prelim and exam held on campus
- National 5 English or equivalent level of study
- Entry to the course may also be subject to the successful completion of a diagnostic test
Method of Assessment
- Course work
- Externally marked portfolio and exams
- A satisfactory mark must be achieved in the prelim to be presented for the final exam
Required for most primary and secondary teaching courses as well as PGDE courses.
Sought after by employers and Higher Education institutions as well as other education and training providers.
15 Aug 2023
- All course fees are reviewed annually, and subject to change. Published fees apply to the courses mode of delivery.