HND Computer Games Development (Year 2)
This industry-focused, engaging course will extend the knowledge and skills you gained on HNC Computer Games Development.
There is a mix of practical and theory, with more emphasis on research and self-directed learning. You will extend your knowledge and skills in key areas of Game Development. Subjects include:
- Games Development: Object-Oriented Programming
- Artificial Intelligence for Computer Games
- Games Customisation and Scripting
- Character Creation and Storytelling
- 3D Level Editing
- 3D Animation.
- Creating a showreel and portfolio
This is a full-time course delivered on campus, usually taught over 3 days. Typical class activities will include presentations, coding, reports and research and self-study.
This is a progression course from HNC Computer Games Development.
- Successful completion of HNC Computer Games Development at D&A passing all 15 credits.
- Successful completion of HNC Computer Games Development at another college passing all 15 credits if the subject choices are compatible with the HND.
If you have completed your HNC at another college, please get in touch with us for advice and provide all the units you passed in your HNC.
Important: You cannot apply for HND Computer Games Development without passing HNC Computer Games Development.
Method of Assessment
Each unit has continuous assessments, which may include written reports, coding tasks, creation of 3D models and multiple choice quizzes.
Individual Graded Project: individual game production.
Articulation to games-related degrees at Abertay University, Robert Gordon University and Napier University.
This course will also provide students with the skills for entry-level employment in the games industry.
28 Aug 2023
- Tuition fees may be paid for full-time students in Scotland subject to meeting residency requirements, applications should be made to the appropriate funding body. International Students please refer to our International fees page