ESOL - English for Speakers of Other Languages
English not your first language? Study ESOL at Dundee and Angus College and improve your English language skills.
Dundee and Angus College is one of the largest and best-resourced colleges in Scotland. Our English language courses attract about 500 full-time and part-time students each year.
We have a well-deserved reputation, nationally and internationally, for the excellent quality of our courses and the outstanding performance of our students and staff.
We have extensive experience of working with learners outside the UK and have helped thousands of students improve their English, gain new qualifications and realise their ambitions.
For several years we have run successful teacher training courses in Teaching English as a Foreign Language leading to the internationally recognised CELTA qualification.
ESOL programmes are run in Gardyne Campus, Dundee and Arbroath Campus. CELTA programmes are offered at Gardyne Campus.
Dundee is an ideal base from which to discover the beauty and culture of Scotland. With two universities and a large teaching hospital it is a popular student destination and is well known as a friendly place to study. Dundee offers a high quality of life yet the cost of living is lower than in any other Scottish city. Edinburgh, Glasgow and Aberdeen are within easy access.
Choose your course depending on your level of English and your reason for studying.
More information about Full-time ESOL at Gardyne Campus (PDF)
What ESOL students have said about:
The ESOL course:
- Meeting new people, learning English in a very dynamic environment, the quality and helpfulness of the staff and teachers.
- I cannot remember one boring lesson.
- The fantastic atmosphere with the classmates and teachers as well.
- I passed FCE and gained a job in an international company where I will speak English a lot.
- It made me realise how fast I can learn English and it made me think I can go further.
- ...it has made me have big aspirations
Our Cultural and Social Programme:
- I have had the opportunity to discover a lot of fascinating places.
- A great variety of enjoyable activities!
- The Advice Centre was friendly and helped me solve lots of problems.
- I must say the Advice Centre helped me a lot.
- ...more confident in speaking English, more tolerant of other cultures.
- The teachers ask us to work in pairs and groups which has helped me to be more patient and communicate in English.
- Before I had specific ideas about the culture, but now I’ve changed my mind.