Control of Infection for the Care Sector (REHIS)
Course ContentThe expected outcome is that the course participants will be able to;
- Understand the infrastructure for infection control within the working environment
- Define the role of the employer and employee in preventing and controlling infection
- Describe the ways of preventing the transmission of micro-organisms
- Define what is meant by “the chain of infection”
- Understand the importance of personal vigilance and high standards of care in breaking the chain of infection
- Outline the factors that increase susceptibility to infection
- Understand the means by which micro-organisms can be transmitted to a host
- Understand how the two most common Healthcare Associated Infections should be managed
- Understand the rational for separating people in certain circumstances
- Understand the purpose of and the need for personal protective clothing and equipment
- Understand best practice in relation to preventing and controlling infection
Entry RequirementsThere are no formal entry requirements.
19 Feb 2020
All course fees are reviewed annually, and subject to change. Published fees apply to the courses mode of delivery.