Control of Infection for the Care Sector (REHIS)
The expected outcome is that the course participants will be able to:
- Understand the infrastructure for infection control
- Define the role of the employer & employee in preventing & controlling infection
- Describe ways of preventing transmission of micro-organisms
- Define what is “chain of infection”
- Understand the importance of vigilance & high standards in breaking the chain of infection
- Factors that increase susceptibility to infection
- How micro-organisms can be transmitted
- How the 2 most common Healthcare Associated Infections should be managed
- Understand the rational for separating people in certain circumstances
- Understand the purpose & need for PPE
- Understand best practice to prevent & control infection
There are no formal entry requirements.
01 Aug 2022
- All course fees are reviewed annually, and subject to change. Published fees apply to the courses mode of delivery.
The course application is currently closed. You can find out more information about this course by making an enquiry.