QA Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work (RQF)
The course offers training in a wide range of first aid techniques and provides candidates with the opportunity to take the First Aid Certificate Exam required by Health & Safety 1981 Regulations. The course includes -
- Introduction to First Aid
- Airway, Breathing & Circulation (ABC)
- Basic Life Support (BLS) & Cardio-Pulmonary
- Resuscitation (CPR)
- Examination Techniques of the Conscious & Unconscious Casualty
- Sprains, Strains & Fractures
- Practical Bandaging & Casualty Handling
- Hypothermia & Effects of Heat and Cold
- Heart Attack, Angina and Stroke
- Dealing with Nose Bleeds & Eye Injuries
- Epilepsy & Seizures
- Diabetes & Asthma
- Dealing with Burns
- Common Airway Problems & Choking
- First Aid & the Workplace
- Poisoning & Anaphylaxis
There are no formal entry requirements.
Method of Assessment
Written, practical and oral.
Upon successful completion of the course, candidates will receive a Qualsafe First Aid at Work Certificate which is valid for three years and qualifies them to act as a workplace first aider.
28 Mar 2023
9.00am - 4.30pm
- All course fees are reviewed annually, and subject to change. Published fees apply to the courses mode of delivery.