Moving and Handling for Care Sector
The course covers the following:
- Understanding how current legislation affects you as employees and how it affects your employer;
- Understanding the workings of the spine with relation to the ways in which you conduct manual handling tasks;
- How to be better able to avoid back injuries caused by poor posture and inefficient movement;
- Be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of commonly known ‘controversial techniques’;
- Be able to demonstrate your ability to move and handle clients using only safer handling techniques;
No formal entry requirements.
Method of Assessment
Practical assessment by trainer;
A short Q&A session which will assess your understanding of the theoretical component.