Level 3 - Personal Trainer
Qualification structure and credit value: The total credit value is 36.This qualification comprises 7 mandatory units. Learners must achieve 7 units.
- 1. Know how to support clients who take part in exercise & physical activity (M/600/9015) – 2 credits
- 2. Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment (T/600/9016) – 2 credits
- 3. Principles of exercise, fitness & health (A/600/9017) – 4 credits
- 4. Anatomy and physiology for exercise & health (A/600/9051) – 6 credits
- 5. Programming personal training with clients (F/600/9052) – 7 credits
- 6. Delivering personal training sessions (J/600/9053) – 9 credits
- 7. Applying the principles of nutrition to a physical activity program (L/600/9054) – 6 credits
Please note students we must register candidates with Active IQ before the start date so candidates so please book as soon as possible. Candidates should have a suitable Level 2 qualification in Gym Instructing. The course requires a degree of exercise so physical fitness is necessary. There is an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) and application of number involved, and learners should have basic skills in communication and application of number pitched at levels 3 and 2 respectively.
Method of Assessment
Multiple choice examination
Portfolio of evidence
Successful achievement will allow the learner to gain employment within an organisational setting or alternatively in a self-employed environment. It provides access to the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs).
29 May 2021
- Fee stated is per academic year. All course fees are reviewed annually, and subject to change. Published fees apply to the courses mode of delivery.