Level 2 - Fitness Instructor
This qualification provides the knowledge and skills to enable candidates to plan, deliver and evaluate safe and effective sessions.
The candidate must achieve the 4 mandatory units and the 2 optional units from below.
- 1 - Anatomy & physiology for exercise (H/600/9013) – worth 6 credits
- 2 - Know how to support clients who take part in exercise and physical activity (M/600/9015) – worth 2 credits
- 3 - Health, safety and welfare in a fitness environment (T/600/9016) – worth 2 credits
- 4 - Principles of exercise, fitness and health (A/600/9017) – worth 4 credits
- 5 - Planning gym-based exercise (F/600/9018) - worth 4 credits
- 6 - Instructing gym-based exercise (A/600/9020) – worth 6 credits
Students must be registered with Active IQ for this course before the start date therefore candidates should register as far in advance for the course as possible. This qualification is open to all. The course requires physical exertion and individual participation is essential, therefore, a degree of physical fitness is necessary. There is also an element of communication (discussing, presenting, reading and writing) involved and candidates should have basic skills in communication pitched at level 2.
Method of Assessment
Internally assessed: coursework; multiple choice examination; portfolio of evidence; practical demonstration/assignment.
Candidates can progress on to the Level 3 Personal Trainer course.
20 Mar 2021
- Fee stated is per academic year. All course fees are reviewed annually, and subject to change. Published fees apply to the courses mode of delivery.