Introduction to Cyber Security and Cyber Security Essentials (YPG/NTTF)
Today’s interconnected world makes everyone more susceptible to cyber-attacks. Whether you’re attracted to the relativity new world of cybersecurity as a professional, or just interested in protecting yourself online and in social media, this introductory course is the answer. The second part of this allows you to develop an understanding of cybercrime, security principles, technologies, and procedures used to defend networks.
You'll learn these core skills:
• Learn what cybersecurity is and its potential impact on you.
• Understand the most common threats, attacks and vulnerabilities.
• Understand security controls for networks, servers and applications.
No entry requirements.
Method of Assessment
- Chapter reading
- Practice labs
- Cisco Packet Tracer activities
- Interactive activities, videos, & quizzes
- Final exam
Completion of this course can lead to further study on one of our Certificate or HN courses or our certificated Cisco CCNA course depending on previous experience and qualifications.