City & Guilds Inspection and Testing 2391-52
This electrical course covers the requirements of BS7671 for Inspection, Testing and Certification. This course is delivered 1 day a week over 5 weeks of training and there are 3 assessments included in this. Areas of study include:
- Introduction to periodic inspection and testing
- Training in the use of testing equipment
- Order of tests
- Continuity of protective conductors
- Insulation resistance tests
- Polarity and earth electrode tests
- Earth fault loop impedance tests
- RCD tests
- Rarely used tests and IP ratings
- Recording of results
- Using Guidance Note 3 Exam Preparation
Candidates must also provide original certificates or written information about their electrical experience before the course commences.
This Inspection and Testing qualification is aimed at electrical personnel who either carry out or supervise the testing and inspection of electrical installations.
Candidates must provide original certificates, Grade Card or written information about their electrical experience before the course commences.
Method of Assessment
The knowledge requirements for each certificate of the City and Guilds 2391:52 are assessed by one practical assessment and one online paper and an assignment.
The course will help participants carry out a visual inspection of electrical installations in accordance with the regulations and understand the requirements for periodic inspection and testing.
18 Apr 2023
9.00am - 4.30pm - One day a week for 5 weeks.
- All course fees are reviewed annually, and subject to change. Published fees apply to the courses mode of delivery.