Appreciation of Non-Destructive Testing
- Introduction to NDT.
- Use of NDT.
- When and why they are used.
- Basic theory and uses of five of the most common NDT methods: Visual inspection; Radiography; Ultrasonics; Liquid penetrant; Magnetic particle.
- Selected applications of these processes.
- Demonstration and candidate use of visual examination of competed weldments, liquid penetrant, magnetic particle including magnaflux and ultrasonic processes on given weldments and components.
- The importance of appropriate procedures of the use of equipment and processes and the subsequent reporting of any faults and discontinuities found during investigations.
No formal entry requirements.
Method of Assessment
27 Mar 2020
All course fees are reviewed annually, and subject to change. Published fees apply to the courses mode of delivery.
The course application is currently closed. You can find out more information about this course by making an enquiry.