Flexible Workforce Development Fund
The Flexible Workforce Development Fund is available for workforce development training to up-skill and re-skill your existing workforce.
By accessing the FWDF, employers in Scotland:
- Have the flexibility to choose the training that best meets their needs*.
- Can use the Fund to address priority skills gaps; increase productivity and/or support economic recovery.
- Can access tailored training in high-quality learning environments.
- Engage and motivate existing employees by offering them high-quality training to bring the greatest benefits to your organisation.
- Can use the Fund to completely cover training or to partially cover training at a higher cost.
We will work with you to create a tailored training package to suit the particular needs of your organisation. For an idea of the types of topics our training can cover, please see our bespoke training page.
- SMEs (any business with less than 250 employees) can access up to £5,000.
- Levy payers can access up to £15,000.
All training will be certificated and achieve a recognised return on investment.
Applications are being accepted from now until July 2021 on a first-come-first-served basis so please get in touch to discuss your training needs. Please contact Caryn Gibson at: email@example.com
*Please note that legislative qualifications or training are ineligible through this fund.
D&A College have already worked with over 40 regional companies on the Flexible Workforce Development Fund. Here’s what retailing and distribution company CJ Lang had to say...
“The fund allowed us to get the training we had been looking for in a variety of areas, from Project and Change Management to Customer Relations and Negotiation Skills. We are already looking at how we can utilise the funds in this next round and very much look forward to working with Dundee and Angus College again. The whole process was a very professional and highly beneficial experience.”
- Training needs to be completed by 31 March 2022.
- Training must be contractually agreed by 31 July 2021 and commenced by 31 August 2021.
- Guidance for SMEs (PDF)
- Process flow-chart and application form for SMEs (PDF)
- Guidance for levy-paying employers (PDF)
- Process flow-chart and application form for levy payers (PDF)
The business advisor helped me navigate the training offered and find the most appropriate solution for our staff.
Training and Development Officer, University of Dundee
The college made the effort to truly understand our business and what training would meet our needs.
The Excel training that the college delivered has proven to be of great value to our business.
The course was delivered brilliantly covering topics like managing stress in the workplace and conflict resolution.
Sales & Customer Success Director, Tradeprint
Applications are now open – please contact us to register your interest and discuss your training needs.
We would be delighted to support you through the application process.
Please contact Caryn Gibson at: firstname.lastname@example.org