Flexible Workforce Development Fund
The Flexible Workforce Development Fund (FWDF) is available for development training to up-skill and re-skill your existing workforce.
By accessing the FWDF, employers in Scotland:
- Have the flexibility to choose the training that best meets their needs*.
- Can use the Fund to address priority skills gaps; increase productivity and/or support economic recovery.
- Can access tailored training in high-quality learning environments.
- Engage and motivate existing employees by offering them high-quality training to bring the greatest benefits to your organisation.
- Can use the Fund to completely cover training or to partially cover training at a higher cost.
We will work with you to create a tailored training package to suit the particular needs of your organisation.
- SMEs (any business with less than 250 employees) can access up to £5,000.
- Levy** payers can access up to £15,000.
All training will be certificated and achieve a recognised return on investment.
Applications are being accepted from now until July 2022 on a first-come-first-served basis.
*Please note that legislative qualifications or training are ineligible through this fund.
** A levy-paying business is a business with a £3million wage bill and they will automatically pay the Apprenticeship Levy Tax. A levy-paying business can choose to donate their fund to their supply chain and so if an SME business is working with a levy-payer we can also support this request with both parties’ permission.
Ready to apply?
To get started, please complete your details in the following form.
We know your time is precious, completing the following questions will allow us to get an understanding of your business, your training needs and your aspirations for the future, so your designated account manager can prepare prior to meeting with you.
I was able to apply the principles of this training session in my work which really helped with my performance and confidence.
Project Coordinator, Bairds Malt
As a company, this funding has given us the opportunity to advance our employees’ skills which in turn has meant that they have become more effective in their trained areas and have therefore been able to add value to our operations.
HR Officer, Kilmac Ltd
How has FWDF funding helped you and your business?
“Despite the pandemic, Dundee and Angus College has been extremely accommodating in assisting us get the most from the FWDF. As a company, this funding has given us the opportunity to advance our employees’ skills which in turn has meant that they have become more effective in their trained areas and have therefore been able to add value to our operations. Our employees all commented on how much they enjoyed the interactive learning they received.”
Sean Davidson, HR Officer, Kilmac Ltd
“I found each training course very valuable as it allowed me to develop useful skills, most of which I was able to apply immediately in my role at work. In particular, I found the Project Management course very informative and beneficial. The instructor was very knowledgeable and took time to explain the content, checking understanding and answering questions as we progressed through the course. I was able to apply the principles of this training session in my work which really helped with my performance and confidence.”
Isla Prentice, Project Coordinator, Bairds Malt
- Training must be contractually agreed by 31 July 2022 and commenced by 31 August 2022.
- Training needs to be completed by 31 December 2022.