The Modern Apprenticeship (MA) programme combines paid employment with work-based learning and leads to industry-recognised vocational qualifications.
Modern Apprenticeships are suitable for both new recruits and existing employees. The programme offers your employee the chance to gain skills and qualifications relevant to the nature and level of their current job without having to study at college full-time.
MAs are available across a range of industry sectors, and they follow a framework that has been developed by the appropriate Sector Skills Council (SSC) in consultation with industry to ensure the qualifications meet their requirements. The apprenticeship generally takes between one and four years to complete and leads towards an SVQ Level 2 (SCQF 5) or above.
We can help you recruit a Modern Apprentice by arranging an initial work placement at no cost to your business. In addition, if you have existing employees interested in becoming an MA simply contact us for more information.
Dundee and Angus College currently offers Modern Apprenticeships in:
- Automotive: SCQF level 7
- Business & Administration: SCQF level 5 | SCQF level 6
- Construction: Technical: SCQF level 6
- Digital Marketing: SCQF level 6
- Engineering: SCQF level 6
- Engineering Construction: SCQF level 6
- Hairdressing & Barbering: SCQF level 5 | SCQF level 6
- Facilities Management: SCQF level 5 | SCQF level 7
- Horticulture: SCQF level 5 | SCQF level 6
- Hospitality: SCQF level 5 | SCQF level 6 | SCQF level 7
- IT and Telecommunications: SCQF level 6
- Life Science and Related Science Industries: SCQF level 6 | SCQF level 7
- Process Manufacturing: SCQF level 6
- Social Services (Children and Young People): SCQF level 7
- Social Services and Healthcare: SCQF level 6 | SCQF level 7
Find out how Modern Apprenticeships allow you to build the skilled workforce your business needs at www.apprenticeships.scot