Dependant on Apprentice Pathway and company requirements e.g.
• SVQ Level 2 Performing Engineering Operations: Welding (MMA, MAGS), Thermal Cutting (Plasma, Oxy Fuel), Machining (Turning, Milling), Hand Fitting, Basic Electrical Installation, Mechanical Fitting, Sheet metalwork, H&S, Team working, Reading and Interpreting Engineering Drawings and Diagrams.
• NC or HNC in e.g. Engineering Practice, Engineering Systems, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering.
• SVQ Level 3 Work based: Units dependant on apprentice pathway and job role.
More information on the MA Engineering Framework can be found on the Skills Development Scotland (SDS) website.
Approx. 4 Years
Attendance at college depends on the chosen framework and which stage of the programme the apprentice is following. i.e.
• Year 1 apprentice attends college 3 days per week and two days in company.
• Years 2 & 3 apprentice attends college for 1 day a week 4 days in company.
• During years 3 & 4 apprentice completes their training and assessment in the workplace with college assessor making regular assessment and monitoring visits.
Various attendance patterns are available to meet both company and apprentice requirements.