Scottish Employer Recruitment Incentive
SERI is a grant for employers who offer employment opportunities, including an apprenticeship (MA), to unemployed young people. The funding is designed to offset the costs of recruiting and supporting a young person in employment, including an MA.
List of eligible young people can be found at Annex A of attached Scotland’s Employer Recruitment Incentive Q&A document (PDF).
This phase of the programme will be available from 01.04.17 to 31.01.18
You can apply for funding from the incentive through your Local Authority. Please note that places are limited and will be offered on a first come basis to employers.
Each Local Authority has a dedicated contact which can be found at: www.ourskillsforce.co.uk/funding-for-skills/employer-recruitment-incentive
When your company commits to new job or apprenticeship for up to 52 weeks, you will receive up to £4,000. If your company pays the young person the Living Wage (LW) there will be an additional payment of £500. The payment schedule will involve:
- £600 if the young person is still employed by you at 4 weeks - No payment for less than 4 weeks;
- £1400 if the young person is still employed by you at 13 weeks - No payment for less than 13 weeks;
- £2000 if the young person is still employed by you at 52 weeks – No pro-rata payment between 13-52 wks.
- Payment will be made on presentation of evidence that your employee is still employed by you.
- An additional payment of £500 will be awarded if your new recruit is paid the current Living Wage. This will be paid along with the final payment.
A private business or third sector organisation of any size can recruit a young person aged 16-29, fitting one or more of the eligible groups (see Annex A of attached Scotland’s Employer Recruitment Incentive Q&A document (PDF).) providing you can demonstrate capacity to offer sustained employment. This can include recruitment into a MA.
Public Sector employers are not eligible to apply.
If you would like more information on the incentive, or have any employment opportunities that may be suitable for the candidates, please contact Kathryn Simpson on 01382 834897 or email firstname.lastname@example.org