Flexible Workforce Development Fund 2018-19
The Flexible Workforce Development Fund is available to levy paying organisations for workforce development training to upskill and reskill your existing workforce. This is in addition to apprenticeship support and any support that your employees may access through Individual Training Accounts (ITA’s) and other complementary funding streams.
This is a key offering within our D&A Future Talent services for employers aimed at enhancing your productivity.
- Eligible organisations can access up to £15,000
- All training will be certificated and achieve a recognised return on Investment
- Applications from eligible levy paying organisations will be accepted from August 2018 on a first come first served basis
- Training must be scheduled by July 2019 and delivery commenced by September 2019
- Employers are encouraged to target this fund towards training for specific groups such as older workers, those in low skilled jobs, those working regularly with younger workers/apprentices, veterans/early service leavers and those who displaying one or more of the protected characteristics listed in the Equality Act 2010.
- Legislative qualifications or training are ineligible through this fund
- Levy paying companies can now involve their supply chain by either giving part of the £15k allocation to them direct (maximum 2 companies who are not levy payers in their own right) or allow them to infill into scheduled courses.
- Guidance for Levy-paying Employers (PDF)
- Process flow-chart and application form (PDF)
D&A College Business Advisors have already worked with 41 regional companies on the Flexible Workforce Development Fund. Here’s what retailing and distribution company CJ Lang had to say...
“The fund allowed us to get the training we had been looking for in a variety of areas, from Project and Change Management to Customer Relations and Negotiation Skills. We are already looking at how we can utilise the funds in this next round and very much look forward to working with Dundee and Angus College again. The whole process was a very professional and highly beneficial experience.”
Our Business Advisors will be delighted to meet and support you through the application process. Please contact email@example.com to make an appointment.