EU, below HNC, PT

Due to the current uncertainty surrounding Brexit this is an uncertain time for students from the EU.

Eligible EU students starting their course with Dundee & Angus College in 2019/20 or 2020/21 will continue to be treated as ‘home’ students and will be entitled to have their tuition fees paid for the duration of their course.


To be treated as a Scottish home student you must meet all of the following three conditions:

  • You normally live in Scotland on the first day of the first academic year of the course (usually 1st August); and
  • You've been living in the UK for 3 years before starting your course.
  • You're a UK national or have 'settled status' (no restrictions on how long you can stay).

If you don't meet all of the three conditions, you may still be eligible for some elements of support if you meet the requirements of one of the other UK residency categories listed:

  • You're an EU national, or family member of an EU national.
  • You're a refugee.
  • You're under humanitarian protection (as a result of a failed application for Asylum).
  • You're a migrant worker or a family member of a migrant worker.
  • You're a child of a Swiss national; or
  • You're a child of a Turkish worker.
  • You're a Syrian Refugee (VPRS).

You must also normally be living in Scotland on the first day of the first academic year of the course.

Fee Waiver

D&A College may offer a Fee Waiver if you receive certain benefits or are on a low income. View our Fee Waiver information or please contact our Help Points to discuss this.

How to Apply
Your online part-time course application has a section where you can select which benefit you are in receipt and then upload proof of your benefit to your course application.

Individual Training Accounts

Skills Development Scotland (SDS) Individual Training Accounts (ITAs) are for people who are 16 or over, living in Scotland and either in low paid work or actively seeking work.

  • You must have an income of £22,000 a year or less, or be on certain benefits to be eligible to get up to £200 towards the costs of learning or training.

You can apply for an ITA if you are not undertaking any secondary, further or higher education, SDS funded training or participating on the Community Jobs Scotland programme.

How to Apply
You must apply for an ITA before booking on your course. For more information on the full eligibility criteria and the courses which ITA can be used to support visit My World of Work or call SDS on 0800 917 8000.

Educational Maintenance Allowance (EMA)

The Government has made changes to the EMA programme and EMA is now available to students studying on a part-time course. The EMA is a weekly amount of £30.

If you’re under 18 years old at the start date of your course then an Educational Maintenance Allowance (EMA) is available based on your household income. If household income is below £24,421 (£26,884 if more than one child) you could receive £30 per week to help with your living costs.

You do not need to pay an EMA back. You must meet the residency criteria.

How to Apply
Contact the Help Point at any campus for a paper application or phone 0300 123 1036.