EU, above HNC, PT
Due to the current uncertainty surrounding Brexit this is an uncertain time for students from the EU.
Eligible EU students starting their course with Dundee & Angus College in 2019/20 or 2020/21 will continue to be treated as ‘home’ students and will be entitled to have their tuition fees paid for the duration of their course.
To meet the general residence conditions for SAAS support:
- You must have been ordinarily resident in the United Kingdom, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man for the three years immediately before the first day of the first academic year of the course (the relevant date).
- For the majority of students who start their course in the autumn term, the relevant date is 1 August.
- You must also be ordinarily resident in Scotland on the relevant date.
- If you are not a UK or other EU national, you must also have ‘settled status’ in the UK (as set out in the Immigration Act 1971) on the relevant date.
If you have not been living in the UK, you may still qualify depending on your circumstances.
We will not treat you as being ordinarily resident in Scotland if your main purpose in coming here has been to receive full-time education and that you would have otherwise been living elsewhere.
If you do not meet the general residence conditions set out above, you may still be eligible to apply to us for support in certain circumstances.
Further information about residence conditions is available on the SAAS website.
How to Apply
Your online part-time course application has a section where you can select which benefit you are in receipt and then upload proof of your benefit to your course application.
SAAS Part-time Fee Grant
You may apply to SAAS for help with tuition fees.
The amount of support available will depend on how many credits you are studying. To be eligible you must be:
- Studying part-time HNC/HND/PDA/Degree.
- Studying between 30-119 SCQF credits (1 unit=8 SCQF credits).
- Have an income below £25,000.
- Meet residency criteria.
And not be accessing other funding:
- Full-time SAAS funding.
- ITA200, Training for Work.
- Get Ready for Work.
- Modern Apprenticeship Scheme.
How to Apply
Download a copy of the Part-time Fee Grant (PTFG) application from the SAAS website.
You must apply no later than six months after your course starts.
You will need to complete a ‘Certificate of Income’ which can be downloaded from the SAAS website.
Always keep a copy of the form and documents for future reference.
Individual Training Accounts (ITAs)
Skills Development Scotland (SDS) Individual Training Accounts (ITAs) are for people who are 16 or over, living in Scotland and either in low paid work or actively seeking work.
- You must have an income of £22,000 a year or less, or be on certain benefits to be eligible to get up to £200 towards the costs of learning or training.
You can apply for an ITA if you are not undertaking any secondary, further or higher education, SDS funded training or participating on the Community Jobs Scotland programme.
How to Apply
You must apply for an ITA before booking on your course. For more information on the full eligibility criteria and the courses which ITA can be used to support visit My World of Work or call SDS on 0800 917 8000.